Dale Carnegie’s books are gems and full of wisdom. Today I received an issue of Tom “Big Al” Schreiter’s newsletter available at fortunenow.com.
Up to now, I had twice the honour to meet Tom (once in Germany and once in Orlando, Florida, USA.) I highly recommend his newsletter, not only if you’re in Network Marketing.
In today’s issue, he gave a short quote of one of Dale Carnegie’s books on how to be a leader. Here we go…
- Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
- Call attention to people’s mistakes indirectly.
- Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
- Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
- Let the other person save face.
- Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement.
- Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
- Use encouragement.
- Make the fault easy to correct.
- Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.
~Dale Carnegie (1888–1955)
Although I’m not necessarily aiming for leadership (rather freedomship and mentorship,) the above 10 bullets are worth to be considered and followed, aren’t they?
I mean, when aiming for mentorship you may not agree with all of them, but to be a good leader, in my eyes, require the above 10.
Food for thought?
- The Monetary System Has Failed
- Answer Email Communication FAST
- 5 Ways To Market Your Site
- Mind Mapping For High-Speed Brainstorming
- One New Blog Every Second?
- AutoResponder Tracking To Insanity
- What Is Best For You — A Web Site Or A Blog?
- My Posh Video Productions (Duh!)
- Discipline For The Work-At-Home Business Person