The term “Law of Attraction” is used a lot these days. And because I’m far from being an Law of Attraction expert, there are two sources I visit often and highly recommend, Abraham-Hicks and Gary Evans.
As far as I know, it’s based on the principal of “like attracts like.” Simply stated, if your emotions and beliefs are all positive, you will attract positive things. It precludes actually having to take action to attain these things. The idea is “they will come.”
It has been considered that you get what you feel in alignment with, and what you feel in alignment with determines what you will experience.
And yes, this can be applied to any area in your live, including the thriving Internet business you are building.
Let’s share a story with you…
A friend of mine had the Law of Attraction work for her—and she didn’t even know about it as a subject. That just goes to show that laws are laws. The law of gravity works whether we know about it as a law or not.
She had recently divorced and her children were grown and out on their own. She thought this was the perfect time to change everything in her life, move to a new city and start over. She could do all the things she had not had the chance to do before. She sat down for a couple of nights running and started making a list of the things she wanted.
She wanted a cheap place to live to start out. She wanted to get a job in which she could advance, and she even listed out certain things that she would like that she never had with her family. For instance, her family had hated chocolate (for whatever reason) and she loved it. She wanted to have Boston cream pie until she could stand it no more.
Once she arrived in the new city—with a friend putting her up until she could find a place to live—she almost immediately found the perfect place in the exact price range she pictured. (And it was commented by her friend that NOBODY found apartments that cheap in this area.) She got a job and was promoted in two weeks to an executive position. And when her birthday arrived, what did the office have for her celebration? You guessed it! Boston cream pie.
These were just a few of the things she had visualized. In fact, she had kept a little notebook where she wrote down all the things she had listed. A year later, she came upon the notebook while cleaning. Opening it to her list, she began highlighting all the things she now had that she had wanted back then. Every single one she had or had accomplished!
My friend had never heard of the Law of Attraction. Yet it worked for her. She knew what she wanted, listed it down, pictured what it would be like to have those things, and forgot about it… everything just happened from there.
If you have never seen the film entitled “The Secret,” you should see it. The way the Law of Attraction is defined presently is largely due to this film and its popularity.
Without getting into the history of the concept, suffice it to say it’s been around for a long, long time… like from the times of Babylon. :-)
The concept is simple. How you feel is shaping your future. If you have good thoughts, positive ideas and feel good, then that is how your future will be. The good things will come to you.
Following with the rule of like attracting like, you must therefore avoid negative feelings. If you are concentrating on the negative, negative things will come into your life.
For instance, if you are thinking how broke you are and how hard it is to get money, this will manifest for you. You’ll be broke and have a hard time getting money.
So how do you “practice” the Law of Attraction to change your life for the better? It’s only a few steps, and there are many details to each, but here is a summary.
- First you know what it is you want, and know it with conviction. You can list the things you want, like a shopping list.
- You ask “the universe” for it. The universe can be whatever you envision it is—God, some other higher power, a kind of energy source, whatever.
- You then focus upon the thing you want with an upbeat emotion like cheerfulness or enthusiasm or gratitude. You experience the emotions and feelings you have as if you already achieved or have what you want. You do this on a daily basis.
- You are open to receive it. If it doesn’t just appear, you might expect it to come in the form of some opportunity—and you should go with the flow if it feels right. Take advantage of the opportunity that will likely bring you what you want.
There isn’t any time frame. It will come about in its own time and space.
Do things that make you feel good, practice the Law of Attraction, and make your life better. Opportunities will unfold, and you can get what you want!
- The Monetary System Has Failed
- Answer Email Communication FAST
- 5 Ways To Market Your Site
- Mind Mapping For High-Speed Brainstorming
- One New Blog Every Second?
- AutoResponder Tracking To Insanity
- What Is Best For You — A Web Site Or A Blog?
- My Posh Video Productions (Duh!)
- Discipline For The Work-At-Home Business Person