I’ve come to the end of the Video Site Review of readytoberich.blogspot.com.
Fitz, you already got my e-mail with the link to your video package (3 videos – 160MB – 50:19 Min.) Enjoy watching and learning from them. :-)
Now, since I promised to give a short written review on my blog (so others can learn from it too,) let’s go straight to the meat…
When talking about Internet business, working at home, and how to get rich, I love sticking to simplicity and focusing on content. Flashy layouts and blinking banners are distracting. They push visitors away from your MWR (Most Wanted Response.)
You do have a clean layout, using black & white as the basic colors. You do use the color blue occasionally, which is OK since it’s not overly used. So principally, I like your layout.
Very roughly and distilled from the three videos, here are some of the improvements I would implement when your blog would be mine…
- Increase font size of headline slightly – The headline is the most important part of a blog post.
- Decrease font size of the post date slightly and move that line below the headline – Right now it seems the post’s date is more important than its headline.
- Have the “Comments” link appear more prominent.
- Separate posts from each other using horizontal lines (for example)
- Avoid long 5-7 sentence paragraphs – A paragraph shall consist of 1-4 sentences max. (on average)
- Instead of justifying text, have it left aligned – Studies prove text is easier to read when left aligned.
- Have a bigger smile on your face – That you have a photo of yourself on your blog is great! And smiling more deeply and out of your heart can have an infectious and captivating effect to your audience. (I know, need to update my own…)
Keywords & Traffic
Since one of your goals for improvement was to get more traffic from your target audience, I gave you two resources you can use to research and find a bunch of high profit keywords.
The goal is to focus on one keyword per page, distributing the keyword 4-7 times throughout an article. This is also called “Keyword Focused Content Pages.”
With this approach, over time you’ll likely attract lots of traffic from the Search Engines. (SEO can be a science, that’s why I use the word “likely” here since there’s much more to it than high profit keywords alone.)
There are three more strategies to get more traffic from your target audience. One is commenting on blogs in your market or niche, another is posting on forums.
In the second video, I go into more detail of these two, and I give you the URL and a short tutorial for another (the third) method.
Marketing & Money
- Get your own domain name! – This is sooo crucial when talking about money and business. Some (or more) folks think one couldn’t afford the $6,95/mo it cost to host an own domain.
When having an own name, the picture it portrays to others is a much better and more professional one. Not to forget that an own domain name, usually, is easier to remember.
- Get a unique favicon. Stand out from the browser crowd. Be memorable and remarkable. Right know, your blog has the default blogspot.com favicon.
- Less is more – My guess is some of the monetization models you currently use are a waste of valuable virtual real estate. Or in other words, they bring near to zero in return financially (i.e., below $50/mo.)
By removing these, your other revenues usually increase. (Fortunately, your blog isn’t full of banners and distracting “By Me Now” buttons. Yet there may be certain things you may want to remove in order to increase income.)
I go into much more detail in this third video. To summarize…
Drop those that generate no money, keep the best, and have your MWR (Most Wanted Response) above the fold. Be it AdSense, an affiliate program, or the viral marketing stuff (RSS, e-mail, etc), put that up to the top to have it front and center in your visitor’s eye.
What do you others think? Any additional ideas for improvement? Any tips & strategies to squeeze more out of Fitz’ blog?